Monday, September 24, 2012

Teen Cast Members Give Thanks

I never know what  or how a specific film project will impact others.That is the beauty of filmmaking.
I've  never felt as much personal impact as I have while filming Spirit of Love.I've never felt it with any other film that I have been involved in.
Or at least not before the film was finished prior to being released. I hope that people will enjoy Spirit of Love movie http://spiritoflovemovie.com and the behind the scenes stories which have been incredible. The opportunity to share the stories  before the film is released is really an honor,and we have never felt so much love and appreciation.


Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to be in a film for my culture.we all became a family.You made everyone a better person by making a movie that's about our culture.It made me proud to be hard of hearing.Thank you  for making this movie and thank you SO much for your hard work,you gave everyone an opportunity that not many people get in a lifetime which is AWESOME.
Elijah Ruck-Hard of Hearing  age 16

I will never forget the experience of acting in this film.i actually sent in an audition tape for
the ABC Family Television series "Switched at Birth", but didn't get a call.So I wasn't sure about
auditioning for "Spirit of Love",but when I heard about the character,I was excited to help tell her story.If it wasn't for this movie I would never have had the opportunity to try the advanced Bionics Neptune.I had never heard people laughing or having fun in the water before.
I don't like to even try to watch a movie without captioning.Without captions,I feel left out and bored especially if someone has a mask or an accent (think Dark Knight). i want to be able to see all movies along with all my friends,whether they are deaf or hearing.

There are no films about deaf or hard of hearing kids.I hope that people will see the Spirit of Love movie and know that deaf and hard of hearing kids can do anything they set their minds to do.Wouldn't it be great to educate the whole world?We are NOT different from anyone else.Don't miss out on a chance to see this movie.
Maddie Burkholder age 14

We will share more of these stories of  ongoing Thanks on the blog,so be sure to return and see where these stories of Thanks take you.

No comments:

Post a Comment