Sunday, October 21, 2012

An Evening of Emotions beats day of technical demons.

It was a rough day yesterday.A day full of technical demons.Most of you have experienced those unexplainable technical difficulties particularly if your involved in the art of filmmaking.

I started my day by breakfast in bed snuggled up watching a family movie with two of my nephews
with Bacon and fresh warm Cinnamon rolls."This is the life.This is what is real and important.Time with little guys who make me smile and laugh."These were my thoughts and then it was time to hit the ground running.
I had been so busy working on details regarding the final cut version of "Spirit of Love" film all week that I waited to the last minute to print some photos and put together a PR display to represent  the film which would be displayed at the POPCORN movie table at the Hands & Voices Gala fundraiser.I mean how difficult could it be?(This is exactly why I plan and never do things last minute)

Well I started at 10am and printed one photo when I ran out of ink.I replaced the ink cartridges and suddenly the computer and printer stopped communicating.I worked for several hours and still I only had one picture printed.
So my thumb drive and the local UPS center saved me by printing the balance of material for me. Ahhh  finally relief! Now I needed a poster display board. On the way into the store I decided to put some trash in a bin when the bag tore and a left over soda poured out all over my outfit.At that point I had to laugh,because it was KRAZY!

All cleaned up I arrived early at the event only to experience more technical demons,only this time
I had two wonderful people step in and resolve the technical issues.It really wasn't a surprise after the day that I had experienced.
Suddenly it was show time.When I was introduced and I stepped onto the stage all those technical difficulties flew right out the window as if they had never happened.Several of the amazing teens
from our cast whom I've grown to love spoke about their individual experiences of being involved with Spirit of Love.But it wasn't until lights were dimmed when we debuted the theatrical trailer from Spirit of Love for the first time that suddenly nothing else mattered.It was emotional and rewarding.While walking into the crowd following the screening of the trailer complete strangers thanked me for the film and the opportunities that it represents.I'm excited that the trailer was well received.It was definitely a night full of many emotions.I am so thankful for the opportunity to be involved with the great organization of Hands & Voices and the families who they help.

No comments:

Post a Comment